Monday, June 24, 2013

VAOS WASTELAND #0002

From time to time, the bloggy thing will be supplemented with brief
looks at items found in my Vast Accumulation of Stuff.

This time around, I found an envelope from artist Chris Yambar with
two photos of me from my childhood.  I can’t remember why I would
have sent these to Chris or what use - if any - he put them to, but
here are they are for your amusement.

The photo of me holding that toy duck was taken by a professional
photographer.  The full-color original still has a place of honor
in my parents’ living room in a row that includes similar photos of
my brothers and sisters.  I’m the cutest one by such a wide margin
that I under why my older sister tried to murder me at least once
while we were growing up.

The second photo shows an older Tony with a cardboard Mickey Mouse
clubhouse.  The Mickey Mouse Club was daily weekday entertainment
at the Isabella household.

This was the only Mickey clubhouse my parents ever bought me, but
they also bought me two or three cardboard grocery stores complete
with cardboard grocery items.  My brothers and I were really tough
on these cardboard constructs.  I’m sure none lasted longer than a
couple weeks before their inevitable destruction.

Look for more oddball VAOS items every week.

© 2013 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment