Thursday, July 12, 2018

ANOTHER GARAGE SALES UPDATE

As I write these words, we’re less than 24 hours away from my next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales. Friday and Saturday, July 13-14, 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio, 9 am to 1 pm each day. I’m getting excited. I even had signs made for my lawn.

No plan survives contact with the enemy, so I’ve made some changes to my original layout for the garage sale. The quarter corner has gone bye-bye for a while.

In its place are thirteen ten-dollar “mystery boxes” filled with wondrous things. Last year, these were priced at five bucks each. This year, they have more good items in them than ever before. Even I’m amazed at the things I put into them this time around. These boxes always  sell fast, sometimes in the first hour of a sale. I’m hoping that the higher price will slow down the frenzy and give more customers at chance at them. If that doesn’t work, I’ll likely limit sales to one or two boxes per buyer.
                                                                                    
                                                         
The sale will have its usual poster table. We have Black Lightning posters (two different styles). We have the double-sided Superman poster I helped created for Cleveland’s International Superman Expo in 1988. We have a few other Superman posters. We have Daredevil and Luke Cage mini-posters.

I’ve added many new comics to the dollar comics boxes. As noted in earlier updates, these aren’t the leftover 1990s comics that folks overbought on. These are recent comic books like Star Wars, Faith, Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Monsters Unleashed, Simpsons and others.

In addition to the dollar comics boxes, I’ll have one or two boxes of older comics. The older comics aren’t a buck each, but they are priced to sell. From what I recall, they include The Brave and the Bold, Superman, Action Comics and more.

We’ll have a half-dozen collectible phones and some other surprises of that nature. We’ll have DC, Marvel and Stan Lee collector boxes at bargain prices.

We’ll have a fifty-cent table feature Britain’s The Beano, the war comics digest Commando, well over fifty Archie comics digests, manga and more. We’ll have hardcovers and trade paperbacks, usually priced at 30% of their cover price.

We’ll have all six issues of Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands and both of the Black Lightning trades collecting classic stories from the 1970s. As with any Isabella-written items at garage sales, I’ll sign them from of charge. Heck, even if you bring your own copies of comics I’ve written and don’t buy them from me, I’ll still sign them for free.

That’s all for now. I still have a couple short boxes of comics to price before tomorrow’s opening.

I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment