Wednesday, August 21, 2013

AUGUST 23-25 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #3

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will take place on
Friday through Sunday, August 23-25, 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio.
Sale hours are 9 am to 1 pm each day.


This won’t be much of an update because your garage sale guru was
way under the weather yesterday.  I managed to do some writing in
spite of my thankfully short-lived distress, but I wasn’t good for
more than that...and watching six hours of Copper and The Glades.

Fortunately, I hit the ground running this morning.  At the moment,
the quarter comic-book boxes are filling up nicely with a bunch of
cool 1980s and 1990s issues.  Among the runs I remember are Green
Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes, Impulse, Flash, Legionnaires, The
Trouble With Girls, Tracker, Crying Freeman
and some Justice League
titles from those decades.

One of the less pleasant aspects of going through the Fortress of
Storage boxes is that every now and then - not often - I find some
mouse-chewed comics or magazines.  Most of those just get tossed,
but I’m finding some issues that are only chewed a bit at the top.
Toss them? Put them out on sale? I’m still deciding.

I still have a lot of boxes to go through before Friday morning, so
keep watching the bloggy thing for more updates.   

4 comments:

  1. If the mouse-chewed stuff is good stuff - and still readable - offer it at a super-low price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already selling stuff at super-low prices. In the case of the three or four books I'm talking about here, though, I may keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the mouse-chewed items are usable, but you don't wish to sell them, I'm sure a hospital with a children's ward or a Ronald McDonald House, etc. would be overjoyed to receive them. Those kids won't care if the books are a little ragged, and everybody wins on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ELS...the kids might not care, but the hospitals I have access to wouldn't accept them. I used to donate boxes of Archie digests and other suitable for all ages comics to some children's hospitals in the area. Until they began refusing them because of unspecified health concerns.

    When my garage sales have run their course some years from now, I will certainly look into the possibilities of charitable donations of the remaining items.

    ReplyDelete