Monday, August 26, 2013

AUGUST 23-25 GARAGE SALE WRAP-UP REPORT

This weekend’s astonishing Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale
exceeded my expectations by 22%.  I sold a whole lot of comic books
and other items to a whole lot of happy customers.  They know how
much I appreciate their patronage.

I really enjoy hanging out with most of my customers, though I’ll
be blogging about a pair of them who don’t exactly fill my heart with
glee.  As I am not anyone’s priest, doctor, or even bartender, no
one who says really stupid stuff within my hearing should have any
expectation of privacy.

Okay, technically, as the pastor of the First Church of Godzilla,
I am priest to my small but genius congregation, but the two guys
I’m going to be writing about later this week are not believers in
the Great Scaly One.  Therefore, anything they say in front of me
is fair game for me to write about.

During a slow period on Saturday, I had an interesting conversation
with someone concerned about the Medina school system.  He and are
not on precisely the same page with the problems the school system
is facing, but he gave me a thing or two to ponder.

During another slow period, I was also visited by a local Tea Party
whack job who, seeing me alone in my garage and familiar with the
political comments I’ve made online, proceeded to curse at me, drop
the “n” word and generally foam at the mouth.  That amusing story
will also be coming your way soon.

I made a long list of random thoughts that occurred to me during my
garage sales.  I’ll be blogging off that long list through the end
of the month, starting on Wednesday.

My experiment with Sunday garage sale hours has not been a complete
failure, but it wasn't successful enough to justify the additional four
hours in the garage.  Still, on the weekend of my last garage sale
of 2013, I will be open from 9am to noon on Sunday.

Here’s my garage sale schedule for the rest of the year...

Friday, September 6 (9 am to 1 pm)

Saturday, September 7 (9 am to 1 pm)

Friday, September 20 (9 am to 1 pm)

Saturday, September 21 (9 am to 1 pm)

Friday, October 4 (9 am to 1 pm)

Saturday, October 5 (9 am to 1 pm)

Sunday, October 6 (9 am to noon)

I haven’t decided if I’m going to do online sales after this year’s
garage sales have been completed.  I can only think about so many
things at one time.

Once again, my thanks to my customers for their patronage and their
friendship.  See you in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment