Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AUGUST 23-25 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #2

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will take place on
Friday through Sunday, August 23-25, 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio.
Sale hours are 9 am to 1 pm each day.


I’m restocking my comic-book boxes and already anticipating having
to restock them for Saturday and Sunday.  The new additions to the
boxes are a nice mix of mainstream super-hero titles and some very
cool stuff from smaller publishers.

I found and added a box of People magazines to the sale.  I have no
idea if these are desirable or not, but at a quarter apiece (five
for $1), I figure my customers will want to go through them and see
what’s there. 

I found some cool novelty items.  There’s a cool looking Superman
table cloth in it’s original and unopened packaging.  This item is
at least 25 years old.  I can’t find it on eBay or anywhere else on
the Internet, so I’m guessing at what I think is a fair price for
it.  I don’t go in for garage sale haggling on most items, but I’ll
entertain reasonable offers on some of the oddball stuff.

I also excavated several containers of Batman bubble bath and bath
soap from maybe two decades ago.  These are topped with figures of
Batman, look cool and, best of all, are priced at just two dollars
apiece.  They are unopened, but I make no guarantees as to whether
or not the soap is still inside the containers.  It may well have
evaporated or, over the years, evolved into sentient life.

Although I haven’t yet put together any of my now-famous $5 mystery
boxes for this weekend’s sales, I hope and plan to have some ready
for Friday morning’s sale.  I’m shooting for at least four of them,
but am prepared to be ambitious if the rest of the restocking goes
quickly and well.

I still have a lot of boxes to go through before Friday morning, so
keep watching the bloggy thing for more updates.   

No comments:

Post a Comment