Monday, August 12, 2013

AUGUST 9-11 GARAGE SALE WRAP-UP

My weekend Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale didn’t meet what
I’m now calling my “old modest expectations.”  Some of my regular
customers weren’t there, though only one had the really good excuse
that he was working in India those days.  However, I did meet what
I’m now calling my “new modest expectations”...albeit only with the
addition of Sunday hours to the sale.

Sunday was an odd day.  I only had five customers over the sale’s
four hours, but two of them spent around $60 each.  I wouldn’t have
realized my “new modest expectations” without them and one of them
wouldn’t have been able to shop any other day that weekend.

My next garage sale will be at the usual 840 Damon Drive in Medina,
Ohio, Friday through Sunday, August 23-25 from 9 am to 1 pm each of
those days.  I am looking into ways I can accommodate customers who
can’t make it to the garage sale at those times and will announce
something in the next batch of garage sale updates.

What will my next VAOS garage sale be like?  I have some ideas to
make it better and more fun and more profitable.  I’m also open to
your suggestions.  Feel free to e-mail me with suggestions or post
them on my Facebook page. 

Regular blogging with resume sometime this week, but I can’t tell
you exactly when.  I have a whole bunch of odds and ends I need to
attend to, not to mention helping to get my daughter Kelly ready to
move back to Columbus for - My, how the time flies! - her senior
year at The Ohio State University.  You should probably also expect
delays in my responding to e-mails and other messages.  I will be
dancing as fast as I can.

Thanks to all my customers for shopping with me this past weekend.
I hope you had as good a time as I did. 

Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment