Friday, August 9, 2013

AUGUST 9-11 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #3

My current Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale starts today and
will continue on Saturday and Sunday, August 10 and 11 at 840 Damon
Drive, Medina, Ohio.  Sale hours are 9 am to 1 pm each day. If this
three-day experiment is successful, I’ll continue holding three-day
sales.


As I write this update in the wee hours of Friday morning, I’m in
my typical “wish I had a bigger garage and more time” mood.  There
are thousands of comics and books and other items on display in my
garage, but, as always, I wish there could be more. 

I’m pleased with the items I’ve placed on my magazine and spinner
racks. These are comics and books I don’t want my customers to
overlook. Check them out.

My biggest concern at the moment is the weather.  Checking the most
recent hour-by-hour predictions, there are warnings of “scattered
thunderstorms” all morning and afternoon.  On the bright side, the
advance predictions called for Friday thunderstorms on Wednesday,
then changed the predictions to Friday being “cloudy” or “partially
cloudy” on Thursday before returning to scattered thunderstorms in
these wee morning hours.  Ohio weather is largely unpredictable, so
I’m hoping for the best for the garage sale hours. 

However...

If we do get scattered thunderstorms and the inclement weather is
likely to come into my garage, I’ll need to close the garage door.
Customers will be able to come into the garage via our screened-in
porch.  It’s not the way I would prefer it, but, with so many of my
customers traveling some distance to come to the garage sale, I’m
not going to turn them away.

That said, the safety of my beloved customers comes first.  If you
are at all concerned about traveling in possibly inclement weather,
then stay home on Friday.  The Saturday and Sunday predictions are
looking much better at the moment.

I’m looking forward to the sale and to seeing my regular customers
once again.  Have a great day and thanks for your patronage.

Tony Isabella

UPDATE: The weather forecast has now changed to cloudy, mostly cloudy and partly cloudy with a chance of light rain.  Sheesh!

1 comment: