Monday, August 19, 2013

AUGUST 23-25 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #1

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will take place on
Friday through Sunday, August 23-25, 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio.
Sale hours are 9 am to 1 pm each day.


No battle plan survives contact with the enemy and that’s exactly
what happened with my original plans for this upcoming garage sale.
Rather than excavate wondrous items from my nigh-mystical Fortress
of Storage, I intended to go through the dozens of boxes occupying
various corners of my Tardis-like house and restock the garage sale
from them.  Which would have been a good way to go if time hadn’t
slipped away from me.

Without going into details...last week was interesting in so many
ways and quite a few of those ways were good.  I may soon be able
to devote several months to working on new projects from my lengthy
bucket list of things I want to write before I kick the bucket and
join my lord and master Godzilla in Monster Island Heaven.  Anyway,
before I knew it, days had passed and I had to go to an alternative
plan for the garage sale restocking. 

Sainted Wife Barb and I went to the Fortress of Storage on Sunday
and returned with almost two dozen boxes of stuff.  Starting today
and continuing through Thursday, I’ll be going through those boxes
and restocking the garage sale. 

On a related note, the Fortress is looking less like the final shot
of Raiders of the Lost Ark these days.  I actually got to the back
wall, albeit only by a sliver.  Barb and I even got rid of a large
kitchen play set and made some tentative decisions about some other
non-comics or comics-related items.

At the end of my garage sale season, I’m thinking of recruiting a
few strong young people of meritorious character to help me remove
everything from the Fortress of Storage and rearrange it to allow
me easier access to the VAOS during the winter months.  It’s become
obvious to me that some stuff currently within my house will have
to go back to the Fortress until I’m ready to either make it part
of my personal collection or offer it for sale at next year’s VAOS
garage sales.

Keep watching the bloggy thing for more updates.   

1 comment: