Sunday, August 10, 2014

GARAGE SALE UPDATES



If you’ve been reading my Facebook page, you know I’ve been having some difficulty walking this past week and weekend. This could be a reoccurrence of the gout which laid me low last year or it could be something else. If it’s the former, it will likely pass in a few more days. If it’s the latter, I’ll need to have my foot x-rayed to determine what that something else is. I’m sort of rooting for the devil I know.

Here’s the rest of the bad news. Because of my foot problem, which slows down my more physical labors, I’m canceling my August 15-16 garage sale. The only good part of this cancellation is I’ll have more time to restock and the opportunity to add something special to the next three garage sales.

Here’s the revised schedule:

Friday, August 29: 9 am to noon
Saturday, August 30: 9 to noon
Saturday, August 30: 5 pm to 7 pm

Friday, September 12: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 9 to noon
Saturday, September 13: 5 pm to 7 pm

Friday, September 26: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 9 to noon
Saturday, September 28: 5 pm to 7 pm

Friday, October 10: 9 am to noon
Saturday, October 11: 9 to noon
Saturday, October 11: 5 pm to 7 pm

Here comes the something special...

Are you a caricature artist? Are you a comics artist or writer? Are you any other kind of artist, writer or creator of wonderful stuff? If so, you could be a featured guest at one of my next three garage sales.

I’m willing to make tables available to two such creative persons at the daytime hours of my next three garage sales. I will provide them with tables and chairs for the selling of the works they have created or will be creating on the spot. They can price their wares at whatever they think the market will bear and they will not have to pay me for the tables or pay me a percentage of what they sell.

The tables will be set up in my driveway. Obviously, I will not be able to guarantee that the weather will be amenable to the outdoor setting.

I have no idea if setting up at my sales will be profitable for the creators selected to get the free space. This is new territory for me.  However, whatever you make at the sale, it’s all yours.

I also have no idea if anyone will want to take me up on my offer. However, if anyone does apply for the free space and is accepted, I will promote them in all my online advertising.

If you would like to bring your talents to Medina, e-mail me with a resume, what you plan on selling and examples of your work. For the last, you can attach jpgs to your e-mail or give me a link to  where I can see your work online.

Important! Keep in mind that Medina is very conservative and that my own neighborhood strives to be as kid-friendly as possible. If your stock in trade is X-rated material, you wouldn’t be a good fit for my garage sales.

You don’t have to set up for both days of a garage sale. You can, but it’s not a requirement.

I'd like to fill these “guest creator” spots as soon as I can, the better to promote your appearances. If you’d like to be part of this, don’t wait too long.

The October garage sale may or may not have any guest creators, but it will have some sort of Halloween theme for the October one. Keep watching the bloggy thing for updates on the garage sales and more.

My next online Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will post on the morrow. As the week progresses, I’ll be writing about PulpFest and many other things.  

Thanks for reading.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment