Tuesday, November 13, 2018

GREAT AMERICAN COMIC CONVENTION (November 17-18)

It’s been a long year of conventions and other appearances for me, but it ends with the Great American Comic Convention, Saturday and Sunday, November 17 and 18, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, 3150 Paradise Road in Las Vegas, Nevada. Barring some unforeseen developments, this will be my final public appearance of the year. I may stop by a local Cleveland event or two just because I want to show my support for local creators, but there’s nothing on my appearance schedule beyond the GACC.

The guest list for this event is incredible. Besides yours truly, GACC will host Kelley Jones, Jose Delbo, Elliot S! Maggin, Wendy and Richard Pini, Tom DeFalco, Ron Wilson, Trevor von Eeden, Allen Bellman, Kyle Baker, Rick Leonardi, Alex Saviuk, Arthur Suydam, Tim Bradstreet, Matt Haley, Randy Emberlin, Jae Lee, David Roman, Adam Rapmund, Jeremy Clark, Free Isabelo, Ming Chen from Comic Book Men and clinical psychologist Dr. Suzana E. Flores, author of Untamed: The Psychology of Marvel's Wolverine. I’m especially excited to see Ron Wilson for the first time in about a decade and meet the great Kelley Jones for the first time ever. Kelley and I did a six-issue and wildly underappreciated Grim Ghost series a while back. 

From the event’s website:

[GACC is] a gathering of great comic book creators and memorabilia at the beautiful Las Vegas Convention Center, centrally located in Las Vegas. Joining us this year are some of the best comic book writers, artists and professionals who have created and shaped memorable characters such as Superman, who is celebrating his 80th Anniversary. What makes GACC different from any other comic book convention in Las Vegas is the guests have worked on titles ranging from the Silver Age of comics all the way to today's newest hottest titles. You will find comic book dealers from across the US as well as Las Vegas dealers offering you the widest selection of comic book memorabilia. We are proud and excited to be able to bring you a great show to enjoy. So make sure to register today and be ready to enjoy a good old-fashioned comic book show. Thousands of comics for sale including a large selection of graded comics, a cosplay contest and door prizes.  

The GACC runs 10 am to 7 pm on Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm on Sunday. Ticket prizes run from $20 to $150 for special VIP packages, one of which is a Black Lightning VIP package that includes a GACC Black Lightning VIP T-shirt, a Black Lightning VIP Remarque print, a poster, fast pass, early entry, VIP Panel seating and, on Saturday afternoon, a one-hour Meet and Greet with little old me and Trevor Von Eeden.

There is also special ticket pricing for active or retired police, fire & rescue or military personnel living or working in the Clark, Lincoln or Nye Counties of Nevada. You can learn more details about this and the VIP packages from the event website.

Besides the Meet and Greet with Trevor, I’m scheduled to do a Black Lightning presentation sometime during the weekend and will also be participating in a tribute to Stan Lee. If you can’t wait until the weekend, I’ll be appearing on the Las Vegas CW morning show on Friday.

When I’m not appearing on a panel or TV program, or exercising my slot machine arm muscles, I’ll be at my booth somewhere on the show floor. Because I’m flying in, I’m not bringing my usual merchandise spread. I will have copies of Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands, July 1963: A Pivotal Month in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella Volume One and a few copies of Black Lightning Volume One. I will also have a number of Black Lightning, Hawkman, Daredevil and Luke Cage posters for sale. Cash only.

I do charge for my signature, but I think the prices are pretty reasonable:

Any items purchased from me: no charge.

Any one item not purchased from me: no charge.

Additional items: $5 each.

Items signed in front of a grading company witness: $10 each.

Photos are free.
 
I’m looking forward to seeing my bloggy thing readers and my other fans and friends at the Great American Comic Convention. This is my first Las Vegas appearance and I’m confident a great time will be had by all. Especially Saintly Wife Barb, who was able to get some time off work to attend this convention with me. Here’s your chance to meet the most patient woman in the world.

******************************
November has been a crazy month for me. I’m way behind in answering e-mails and the like. However, after Thanksgiving, I have a solid two months plus where I will be staying home, writing two books and finally knocking a bunch of odds and ends off my way-too-long “to do” list. If you’re waiting on something from me, I thank you for patience.

I’ll be back on November 20 with more stuff.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment