Sunday, May 24, 2015

OH, THE THINGS I'LL DO!

Remember my Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales? I sure do and I wish I could tell you they will be resuming soon. But that would be a lie. The earliest I can start them this summer will be July 24 or July 31...and that’s if everything else I have to do in June and July gets done. It’s going to be a busy couple of months for your friendly online Writer-Man.

My most important project over these next two months is writing the “memoir” I’ve mentioned in recent bloggy things. Figuring out what will fit in this book has been a frustrating endeavor. There’s no chance I can include everything I’d like to include. I don’t think I’ll even be able to include all the comics and other things I have written in my 43 years as a working professional.

In addition to writing this book, I am determined to fulfill all of my other professional commitments. I’ll still be writing the weekly “Tony’s Tips” column for Tales of Wonder. I’ll still be doing some work for the one comic-strip client I kept on account of I really enjoy working with him and his characters. When Papercutz sends me  the next album of The Garfield Show, I’ll do the script restoration on that. Because I am a mighty man of comics.

I also plan on posting a new bloggy thing almost every day of the week. The only exception to this will be when I’m traveling to and being a guest at IndyPopCon (June 26-28). Someday I may have both the energy and the technical capability to post bloggy things from the road, but I’m not there yet.

I keep thinking I’m missing something in this litany of things I’m doing over the next two months...and I just remembered what it is. But it’s a TOP SECRET project that’s unlike anything I’ve ever done before. My success isn’t guaranteed, but, if things go as I hope, I may have some very interesting news for you before the end of the year. More I dare not say.

The good news I have for those of you who want to buy items from my Vast Accumulation of Stuff is that I’ll be resuming my online sales in June. Keep reading my Facebook page and the bloggy for details on those sales.

I still have my legendary bucket list of some 200 things I want to write before I kick the bucket. I hope to commence chipping away at that list in August or thereabouts. I’ll also be available for new assignments at that time. Retirement is a myth.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment