Saturday, January 27, 2018

TV'S FIRST BLACK LIGHTNING!

Yesterday afternoon, I get a Twitter message from the comedian Sinbad. He played Black Lightning in a Saturday Night Live skit on the death of Superman, a skit I contend is the funniest skit ever to appear on the show. 

Sinbad was appearing at the Cleveland Rocksino Friday night and invited me to his show. We've spoken on the phone a few times on account of he and his now-adult sons are huge Black Lightning fans, but have never met. How could I refuse this invitation?

I had a great time at Sinbad's show and visiting with him for a bit after the show. I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked, because my shoulder was acting up and I knew I still had a 35-40 minute drive ahead of me. But it was well worth it to finally meet him. The man is so cool and talented. If you ever get the chance to see him perform, go for it. Kudos also to his great opening act Chase Anthony - I hope I got that name right - who also did a great job as Sinbad's straight man during Sinbad's set. Wonderful evening all around.

Culminating with Sinbad posting this:




My life is amazing. I am so grateful to the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment