Monday, August 14, 2017

NEO COMIC CON (AUGUST 20, 2017)

NEO Comic Con 3 is my next convention appearance. It will be held on Sunday, August 20, at the Soccer Sportsplex, 31515 Lorain Road in North Olmsted, Ohio. The convention runs from 10 am to 7 pm with a low admission of $7 for the day. Kids under 12 and attendees in costume get in free. A portion of ticket sales will go to charity. Kids under 12 and attendees in costume get in free.

This is NEO’s largest venue ever. It’s over 25,000 square feet or roughly half the size of a football field. There’s more space and more free parking. There will be are more artists, special guests and vendors. There will be cosplay, contests, panel discussions, a gaming tournament and other special events.

My fellow guests include Kevin Nowlan, Bob Hall, Marc Sumerak, Ted Sikora, Gary Dumm, Don Simpson, Matt Horak, Darryl Banks, Chris Yambar, Aaron Archer, Mike Gustovich and others. Marc and I will be doing separate panels - Marc on “The Craft of Comics” and me doing the legendary “Tony’s Tips Live!” - and there will also be a performance by The Confused Greenies, a devised and improvisational comedic performing troupe.

NEO Comic Con will have over 40 vendors and over 125 tables selling comic books, collectibles, toys, action figures and more. Based on my dropping a bundle of cash at last year’s event, I am confident fans attending the convention will find all kinds of treasures to delight them.

Getting to the Tony Isabella stuff...

I will be at tables 117 and 118, right across the aisle from those fine folks from WBNX aka the CW in Northeast Ohio. They always have free cool swag and, this year, they will have Black Lightning mini-posters from the forthcoming TV series based on my creation. Meet my WBNX friends, get a poster and then bring it over to my table. I’ll be delighted to sign them without charge. As regular readers of this bloggy thing know, I’m not charging for my signature at any of the conventions and events I am attending this year.

What will I be selling at my tables? I’ll have copies of both Black Lightning Volume 1 (collecting my first run on my creation and two stories written by Denny O’Neil) and July 1963: A Pivotal Month in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella Volume One. I’d explain what the latter book features, but typing that long title always wears me out.

In addition to those books, I’ll have boxes of great comics priced at a mere dollar each. I’ll have a box of Isabella-written comics at various prices. I will have a couple boxes of hardcovers and trade paperbacks at approximately 30% of their original prices. I’ll also have a box of my few remaining double-sided Superman in Cleveland posters from 1988, priced to sell at only $25 each.

I’m looking forward to attending Neo Comic Con 3, seeing old pals and making new friends. I’ll do my best to answer your questions, assuming doing so doesn’t violate any of the non-disclosure things I have signed. No alternative facts or fake news from me. Just the honest-to-Godzilla truth!

If you’re going to be anywhere near this convention, you definitely need to check it out. It’s gonna be a blast!

That’s all for now. This is going to be a too busy week for me as I finish a comics script, have some dental surgery and prepare for NEO Comic Con. But the bloggy thing will return on Monday, August 21. See you then.

© 2017 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment