Monday, October 12, 2015

REDUCING MY ONLINE FOOTPRINT

Another mini-blog...

For several weeks now, on my Facebook page and on Twitter, I have been posting items from “My Other Bucket List.” These are different from the items on my bucket list of things I want to write before I kick the bucket. They are short items, sometimes humorous, mostly little goals and personal life hacks. I’ll be posting them in this venue when I resume full-scale blogging.

Yesterday, I posted this item:

Reduce my online footprint by 90% for the rest of the month while I clear my schedule for new projects.

I figure that needs a bit of explaining.

My life is challenging and exciting. The challenges are medical and personal in nature...and they sometimes make it that much harder to give the exciting things the attention and energy they require. As a cruel universe won’t let me add another day or two to the week, I had to look around for other ways to give myself more time to do the things - challenging and exciting alike - I must do. The most obvious solution was to reduce my online presence.

What this means - and I stress this is intended to be temporary - is I’ll be doing much less posting on Facebook. I won’t be posting birthday greetings to my Facebook friends. I won’t be posting the historical notes, the birthday celebrations of famous and not-so-famous personalities, the remembrances of famous and not-so-famous personalities that have enriched my life. I won’t be posting links to articles and websites. No comics stuff and no political stuff. I won’t be commenting on things other people post.

I will continue to check my Facebook page, but mostly with an eye towards removing material I deem inappropriate or unwanted. I will continue to post new cover photos for my personal Facebook page and the First Church of Godzilla page and the Official Tony Isabella Message Board group. I’ll answer private Facebook messages when they require a response.

I’ll continue to post mini-blogs on as near a daily basis as I can manage. I’ll promote these and also my weekly “Tony’s Tips” column on both Facebook and Twitter.

I’ll continue to post the “My Other Bucket List” items on Facebook and Twitter. As with Facebook, I won’t be posting other content on Twitter, but will respond to messages and tweets when necessary and when I can. Between now and the end of the month, I hope to answer the e-mails that have been piling up in my inbox. The moratorium on interviews and accepting interview requests will continue for the next couple months.

I hope to resume my online Vast Accumulation of Stuff sales as soon as humanly possible. As always, those sales will be posted in this venue. Watch for them.

I will be attending the Akron Comic Con in November. That will be my only convention or store appearance for the remainder of 2015. I plan on making more appearances in 2016

I’m a laser focused on what I must accomplish in the short term and the long term. The end game is to resume all the fun things I have been doing on Facebook and elsewhere.  

As always, I thank you for your patience and understanding. I’m not going anywhere. I’m just reducing my online presence for the next several weeks.

I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2015 Tony Isabella


 


No comments:

Post a Comment