Thursday, October 29, 2015

AKRON COMICON 2016


The Akron Comicon is my last convention appearance of the year. It happens Saturday and Sunday, November 7 and 8, at the University of Akron’s Quaker Square. The Saturday hours are 10 am to 6 pm and the Sunday hours are 10 am to 5 pm.

The convention has a fantastic guest roster for this year’s show. Here’s a partial list:

Airship 27 — Featuring Rob Davis and Ron Fortier!
Darryl Banks
Mike W. Barr
Tom Batiuk (Sunday only)
John Beatty
Allen Bellman
Craig Boldman
George Broderick Jr.
Daniel Gorman
Paul Gulacy
Mike Gustovich
Bob Ingersoll
Arvell Jones
Dirk Manning
Brad Ricca (Saturday only)
Tom Scioli
Ted Sikora
Chris Sprouse
Paul Storrie
Marc Sumerak
Thom Zahler
Mike Zeck

There will be panels and presentations on creating your own comic book, Superman, Jack Kirby, Marvel’s original Secret Wars, cosplay, Master of King Fu, the pulps and more. Plus a costume contest that gets better every year.

The sold-out exhibitor room will feature dozens of comics creators, comic-book sellers and other vendors. Yours truly will be set up at Table C8. I’ll be selling a variety of items from my online Vast Accumulation of Stuff sales and some Isabella-written comic books and books.

I’ll be happy to answer your questions about my career and work, as well as sign Isabella-written stuff. However, understand that, due to the ongoing negotiations between myself and DC Comics, there are questions I can’t answer at this time. There are also comic books and other items that I don’t sign, although those mostly consist of Black Lightning or other comics not written by me, comics history books containing knowingly erroneous information on me and my work, and Black Lightning action figures and merchandise for which I have not yet been compensated. I fully expect to be able to lift some of these restrictions in the near future.  

As usual, there is no charge for my signature, though I would hope you would make a donation to The Hero Initiative. Hero is far and away my favorite of the comics charities because its mission is to help comics professionals in need.

For more information on the Akron Comicon, please visit the show’s website. It has everything you need to know.

******************************

Looking ahead, I hope to finalize my 2016 convention and appearance schedule by the end of November. If you’d like me to appear at your event, contact me via e-mail.  

That’s all for now. I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment