Saturday, October 17, 2015

STRANGE WORLD OF MY DREAMS 2

Another mini-blog...

When I dream, I sometimes dream about the comic-book business. The comics dreams are often weird. If I remember my dreams on waking, I write them down to share in a segment I call “The Strange World of My Dreams.” I had this particularly bizarre dream last night, possibly as a result of going cold turkey to beat my addiction to ibuprofen. Here it is...

Sainted Wife Barb and I are living in a enormous apartment building in a major city. The city, the building and our spacious apartment suite all look like they were designed by Carmine Infantino ala his Flash comic books of the 1960s. I’m finishing my breakfast when Barb calls from the ground level of the building to tell me Mike W. Barr is there for our morning meeting.

The ground level has numerous offices for comics professionals, but they all look like enormous cubicles in that their walls don’t go all the way up to the high ceiling of the floor. The cubicles are not next to one another. There’s quite a bit of space between them. There are fast food kiosks and other convenient business all over the place as well. It’s really big.

As I leave the elevator, Brian Michael Bendis calls to me from his cubicle office. He’s wearing a Cerebro-like headgear whose purpose is to keep his head still while he injects himself with some milky substance from a comically-large syringe. A nurse who looks like she was drawn by Wally Wood - big hair, tight uniform, high heels - is preparing a second syringe for him.

Brian says:

Tony, you know that medical plan I recommended to you last week. I gotta tell you, I’m not so keen on it after all.

Across the vast expanse of the building’s ground floor, I see Barb and Mike waving to me from my office. I start walking towards them, thinking it should take me about ten minutes to get there. 

That’s when my alarm went off and woke me up.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment