Thursday, October 8, 2015

THE DREAMER

Another mini-blog...

The Dreamer: The Battle of Brooklyn by Laura Innes [IDW; $19.99] is the first volume of what I hope will be ongoing collections of the currently-running webcomic. Here’s what Amazon says:

Creator Lora Innes writes and illustrates the tale of 17-year-old Beatrice "Bea" Whaley, a student who begins having vivid dreams about a brave and handsome soldier named Alan Warren... a member of an elite group known as Knowlton's Rangers that fought during the Revolutionary War. Prone to keeping her head in the clouds, Bea welcomes her nightly adventures in 1776; filled with danger and romance they give her much to muse about the next day. But it is not long before Beatrice questions whether her dreams are simply dreams or something more...

The story is engaging and the art is beautiful. I liked this a lot and look forward to the second volume. Yes, I could read the strip online. I just like holding a book in my hands better.

ISBN 978-1600104657

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Tony. I was up until 4AM reading the first two parts of The Dreamer on line.

    ReplyDelete