Saturday, December 15, 2012

OVERWHELMED

When I learned of our latest gun tragedy, my quick response was that it was goddamn time we had that conversation about guns.  Almost every other response that came to mind was too angry to post.

Like many of you, I am overwhelmed by the loss of such precious lives.  I grieve for them and their families. 

My anger won't go away. 

Angry is not the way I want to write this blog, especially when there are serious issues at hand and when I'm getting my personal ducks in a row for what I hope will be an amazing new year.  I tried writing bloggy things yesterday.  I tried writing them this morning.  I didn't like anything I wrote.

So I'm taking the rest of the year off. 

There will almost certainly be the occasional post between now and then.  Maybe I'll find something cool in my Vast Accumulation of Stuff and will want to share it with you.  Maybe I'll have a bit of news to share as well.  Maybe I'll just want to wish you happy holidays.

But full-blown bloggy things won't resume until Tuesday, January 1.  When I resume blogging at that time, I will complete my "October Surprise" reviews and get back to riding the comics range with the Rawhide Kid each and every Wednesday.

In the meantime, you can find me on Facebook.

All the best to you and yours, my friends and readers.

See you soon.

Tony 

1 comment:

  1. Easy to understand your anger, as many others felt the same way. Hearing the comments of our President gives me hope that something finally may be done to limit the availability of some weapons in this country. Sadly, I have already heard some other voices take a very different side to this and wonder how many stupid people there are elected to office.

    Have a very good holiday, Tony. I look forward to your return in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete